Monday 20 January 2014

Super scrimper

I'll admit it. I am a MASSIVE scrimper

I recently found myself searching for some bits in a charity shop and saying
"It's got really expensive in charity shops lately"
what a joke!

It's not that I was brought up like it, I'm not even sure where it's come from (maybe the few years of trying to put a mark up on things) but I am a very determined person to do things on as little budget as I can physically do it on! Maybe it's because I love a challenge, and of course I love to make... I feel a sense of pride when I've made the things that adorn my walls.

I bought the cutest book recently called 'Vintage Home' by Sarah Moore. The quote on the front reads...
"Sarah Moore is who I want to be when I grow up" - Emma Freud
If you have a gander through the book, you'll most probably feel the same way. I know I did! 

I'm such a big fan of creative decorating and the images in this book are so inspiring. You may be able to see from the little shop that I love to decorate, I've always said if things go tits up I'd be trying to make it in interior design (or window dressing!). Anyway, I thought I'd share with you my absolute favourite image from the book - OH to have a beautiful wooden staircase in my own home with which to do this...


For details on this DIY and more amazing tutorials you can pick up Sarah's book from Amazon here



No comments:

Post a Comment