Tuesday 13 May 2014

#Designerdiaries // Designer Faux Pas

There are many problems I face daily from being a designer, today I tweeted about it (I'm completely useless at twitter) and found a profile called Designer Problems, what a treat!

When I left the shop today, I walked back to my car, jumped in, looked down and realized the thread in my bag had unraveled. Turns out it had unraveled all the way from the shop... to my car.

There are many things that casually annoy me and tend to happen more than I'd like them to.. here's a few that have happened just today!



#1. Trailing and/or being covered in thread on every item of clothing you own (also works with owning ridiculously fluffy pets - both of which are true for me. Fur & thread are not a good combination)
#2. Pins. Inevitable disaster. Pins in your feet. Pins in your hands. Pins in your butt. Pins get EVERYWHERE. But when you need some, where are they? Forever buying pins!
#3. Scissors. Or lack there of. Never ever being able to find a scissors when you need one. What is that about?
#4. People thinking you'll do stuff for them. As if I don't have enough on! Altering your Coast dress - not my forte... Sorry.
#5. Never being happy with your design. No matter how much good feedback I get, I always see that one seam slightly puckering that would NOT sit flat for the life of me.. (even though I re did it um, 6 times? Goddamn seam.)
#6. "You made this? YOU? No. Your lying. I refuse to believe YOU made this"

No comments:

Post a Comment