Sunday 11 May 2014

Reminiscing // Year 23

So, it's been quite possibly the busiest few weeks of my life!

After finishing my collection, it had to be photographed, shown in Cardiff and shown in London, all while finishing some (AMAZING) orders and while taking the super hard decision to close my little vintage shop.

It's been a hard time setting up shop - a lot of work has gone into everything I've done and I am completely gutted that things haven't worked out as well as I'd hoped but now it's on to better things (hopefully). We had 2 weeks to close and heading into our last week of being open it feels like the end of an era for me. Although I have had the most amazing feedback about the shop, (the decor, the stock and everything in between) it unfortunately hasn't worked out financially which I guess in some cases - you just have to accept. P.s owning a shop is SUPER expensive!! On top of the collection, a phenomenal amount of orders, leaving the shop, trying to find somewhere new and wedding fayre's (stressful just thinking about it all) the boyfriends left for the RAF making everything a little harder. I'm too used to taking everything out on him!

My birthday is coming up (May 27th) and I'm so proud of myself to say by the age of 24 I have owned my own shop, launched my own Bridal wear collection and above all made double figures of beautiful Brides happy on one of the best days of their life. How many other 24 year old can say that, right? And that's just career wise! Obviously, I still feel like I have a million and one things to accomplish before I get anywhere... But it's nice to finally feel like I'm getting there.

"To conclude" (like being back in English class) year 23 has had some MAJOR up's and down's... and looks like its ending the exact same - with an down that could also be an up? Always keep a positive outlook as they say. From the wise words of Dolly P...

"When I'm feeling a little low, I put on my favorite high heels to stand a little taller" 
(and remember what you've accomplished!)

















S ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment